Friday, August 27, 2010

Take One

I would not pressure myself with posting or creating my first literary feature as of the moment. As much as I would like to create a poem, story or anything whatsoever called a literary piece aka ART, I am not just that fast and effective in composing my thought and translate it to a piece of art in a very short time span. Well, even given a long period it's hard, but still I try, always for the sake of what I consider art.

So this post is about my first literary exposure. That was when I had to recite a famous poem in front of many people during our recognition rites way back in Grade 1. I'm pretty sure that most people would recognize this poem even with its first line. Here it is.


All things bright and beautiful,
All creatures great and small,
All things wise and wonderful,
The Lord God made them all.


Each little flower that opens,
Each little bird that sings,
He made their glowing colors,
He made their tiny wings.


The purple-headed mountain,
The river running by,
The sunset, and the morning,
That brightens up the sky;


The cold wind in the winter,
The pleasant summer sun,
The ripe fruits in the garden,
He made them every one.

He gave us eyes to see them,
And lips that we might tell,
How great is God Almighty,
Who has made all things well.

All Things Bright and Beautiful

by: Cecil Frances Alexander




Reminiscing. Reminiscing. Reminiscing. I just remembered how tensed, trembled and nervous I was in reciting this one. Then, I think I forgot some lines that's why from then on I make it a point to memorize by heart but still, I'm not really not that good in public speaking. Oh life! Sometimes we are faced with things we aren't good at but we are bound to do with no freaking choice at all. Whether I like it or not, because as mothers always say, "they are for our best". Need I say more? Nah! As long as all things remain bright and beautiful.


~ROseHYAcinth

No comments:

Post a Comment